I set aside my previous career in theatre makeup to raise my children. My second child needed to undergo several surgical procedures during his first few years of life and this left me looking for ways to support him and take back some control.
I researched ways in which I could boost my son’s immunity and health in the most natural way as possible, food seemed to be the answer. I am confident that this helped us both through these difficult times.
When we decided to try for our third child (yes, you would of thought we’d know better), again I looked at ways to detox and give myself and my baby the right start with knowledge I hadn’t had for my two previous pregnancies.
After the birth of my third child I decided to go back to college to study nutrition, this with the College of Naturopathic Medicine, and graduated in 2010.
I continue to bring up my children to be as healthy as possible and strive to obtain a healthy balance, although I do get teased for being a ‘food spoiler’.
I have a Diploma in Nutritional Therapy from The College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM) and am a registered Nutritional Therapist with The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT).
I have an NTEC (Nutritional Therapy Educational Commission) qualification in cancer care to provide nutritional support before, during and after treatment and beyond.
I am further qualified as an English athletics running leader, Level 2 gym instructor, Asa swim teacher and have completed an award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS).
Clients and Nutritional Service
Working mainly in and around the beautiful city of Bath, I reach clients in a number of different ways:
• 1-1 consultations – Seasons health food shop 10 George street, Bath, BA1 2EH
• Workshops for City of Bath College (Adult Community Learning), topics including, confidence building, health and wellbeing, nutrition and cookery sessions for specific population groups such as Bath Stroke association, National Autistic society, Banes Children’s centres, Age UK.
• Regular workshops for BANES Carers centre on nutrition, specific topics including immunity, mood and anxiety, stress, sleep, confidence and cookery skills.
• Sessions for Banes young Carers including cookery skills and cook and share events.
• I have written for the Daily mail shop
• I have written articles for the Carers trust website
• Set up infinitewellbeing.co.uk in 2015 offering bespoke wellbeing packages to the corporate sector.
As a member of BANT I seek to continually develop and build on my knowledge through courses and continual practise development. Recently this has been around the amazing advances surrounding the areas of gut health (micro-biome) and nutrigenomics (genotype analysis, individualised nutrition and lifestyle recommendations based on your DNA) check out links to both of these areas on my products page.
Contact and questions
Thank you for reading, I look forward to hearing from. Please see my treatments page for further information or contact me with any questions.